"A chanel a day keeps the doctor away."- Rachel Zoe

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Queen of Mod

Today was my confirmation, and of course this meant a new dress. I bought a really cute little pink, floral Free People number a couple weeks ago and it wasn't until I was putting it on today with some platform heels and big, silver, circle earrings that I realized what a 60s/70s feel it had to it. Suddenly I realized just how much I love that era in fashion! The hippy style has obviously made a very strong comeback and we would all love to dress like the cast of That 70s Show, but what about the more exciting fashions of the 60s and early 70s: the Twiggy mod style. Twiggy was perhaps the most famous model of the 60s and 70s and I could not adore her style more! Between her gorgeous big doe eyes, long lushious lashes, and perfect pixie hair cut, she is the obvious 60's style icon. Here are just a few of my favorite photos of her.

What's not to love here? These shiny disco ball earrings are definitely going on my hunting list. Even more lust worthy, is a solid color, above-the-knee, flare out dress like the pink one Twiggy wears in the photo above and the orange dress in the picture below.

  

We all know Diane Keaton for her more masculine clothing choices, but I have to say, nobody pulls off a white collared shirt and tie quite like Twiggy. 
Now the above and below pictures are very different from one another, but both are outrageously stylish and I will be spending the next few months hunting down the perfect pieces to re-create these two styles. The yellow silk blouse, floral skirt, and long pearl necklace are so fun and girly while the knee high black boots, frayed skirt, crop top, and headband are so hippy and urban. Could  anybody else pull off these two polar opposite looks so naturally? I highly doubt it. Hence my love for Twiggy.
Finally, I'll leave you with some of her best magazine covers. Because what better way to end the night than old Vogues. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment